An associate professor blames coverage of “gun control” on Fox News for an additional 1.9 million background checks post-Sandy Hook, and “millions more over the course of Obama’s term in office.”
Posted on Fox News’ left-leaning rival Newsweek.com, Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) associate professor Dan Cassino claims he can tell a difference between the effects of coverage on network news and Fox News:
“… discussions of mass shootings in the media had no effect on the number of background checks … Despite the fact that the network news broadcasts have a far larger audience than Fox News, statements about gun control on the evening news don’t matter, but statements on Fox News do.” However, he did not explain how the effects of network news and Fox News could differ.
Speaking of record gun sales, the month of May saw yet another gun-related background check record—the 13th-straight month with a new monthly record.
According to a report at freebeacon.com, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) completed a record 1.87 million checks through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) during the month of May. That’s nearly 300,000 more than the previous record, set in May 2015.
While May marked the first month this year with fewer than 2 million NICS checks, sales are still on track to make 2016 a record year for gun sales.
Birds Of A Feather—Anti-Gun Obama Can’t Wait To Campaign For Gun Banner Hillary
“Guns a-blazing” is how President Barack Obama’s communications director said the president intends to hit the campaign trail in support of Hillary Clinton. That’s an ironic word choice to describe how the rabidly anti-gun leader is prepared to promote the equally gun-control rabid Democratic presidential candidate.
Obama’s formal endorsement of Clinton could come as early as this week, and he is eager to take on Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee. Last week, the president, who loves the limelight, was critical of the fact that Trump “occupies about 70 percent of the news right now.”
Obama outlined his campaign strategy to a group of donors last Friday night in Miami. “I want us to run scared the whole time,” he said. In the meantime, voters will be running to the polls in November in rejection of Obama’s and Clinton’s anti-gun agenda.
Facebook Willing To Toss Out First Amendment To Spite The Second
If you’re a gun-rights advocate and you’ve noticed your Facebook posts aren’t getting the attention they did in the past, you’re not alone. Several companies and organizations are now claiming that Facebook has been actively suppressing their posts, limiting the number of people they can reach.
After Luke McCoy of USA Carry noticed his page’s traffic had fallen dramatically, he contacted Facebook. A reply from the company stated his page was being “suppressed” because “people were claiming [the page’s] content was overly promotional”—despite USA Carry’s content being exclusively editorial in nature.
Publisher Brandon Curtis, of Concealed Nation, encountered a similar problem. “We didn’t change a thing about the way we post, but in February our Facebook traffic … sank by nearly 50 percent[.]” Facebook confirmed his content was being suppressed as well.
We’ll keep you posted as this story develops further.
Partisan BuzzFeed Won’t Run Trump Ads
“We don’t run cigarette ads because they are hazardous to our health, and we won’t accept Trump ads for the exact same reason.”
In a move that shows how truly biased the supposed “news” website is, BuzzFeed chief executive Jonah Peretti ended an agreement with the Republican National Committee to include advertising for their party’s presumptive nominee.
Interestingly, Buzzfeed will continue to report on Trump—which obviously brings up an issue of more blatant partisan bias. Sean Spicer, the communications director for the RNC, said the group had never considered advertising on BuzzFeed, but the move does feed into a current anti-Trump trend in the so-called “mainstream” media.
Elderly Ohio Woman Stops Home Invasion
An elderly woman was alone in her home in Dayton, Ohio, at around 6 p.m. Monday when she heard glass breaking. When she went to investigate, she saw three men, one of whom was crawling through the window. The woman retrieved her firearm and called 911, telling dispatchers, “A man is breaking into my house … I shot a shot and I don’t know whether I hit one or not.”
When police arrived, they found the intruder, suffering from a single gunshot wound, lying on the woman’s porch. He was transported to a local hospital, where he remains in grave condition. The man’s two accomplices, who fled the scene upon hearing gunshots, are still at large. Based on the circumstances, authorities do not expect the woman will face any charges.
“People do have a right to protect their home if they feel as if their life is in danger,” police Lt. Mark Ponichtera told WHIO-TV.