Talk about delivery from evil. Police say that a man who used a lawn statue of the Virgin Mary to forcibly enter a Maryland home was thwarted by two women—and a firearm.
Officers told The Frederick News-Post that two women were watching television around 11 p.m. when there was the sudden sound of shattering glass from a rear door. The two women ran upstairs, and as one called 911, the other grabbed her handgun. Both then approached the kitchen where they found a man, Jose Mauricio Escobar-Flores, holding a knife.
Although he ignored their orders to drop the weapon, they held him at bay until police arrived. A Frederick police lieutenant said, “They acted very wisely. One was explaining to the dispatcher exactly what was happening while the other was taking steps to defend themselves ... For an unfortunate incident, it was a very fortunate outcome.”
Escobar-Flores was arrested for home invasion and reckless endangerment, among several other charges.
ABC’s Misleading Trump Coverage
Mainstream media are on notice. Under fire for their agenda-driven journalism and reporting of fake news, they’re being scrutinized more than ever and now have a president in the White House who is regularly calling them out on their biased, inaccurate stories.
ABC is the latest media outlet to suffer public embarrassment. On Monday, former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer tweeted that “if this is how the press reports, Trump is right to go after them.” He was referencing ABC’s deliberate editing of his quote on Donald Trump’s press secretary Sean Spicer.
Fleischer’s full quote was, “It looks to me if the ball was dropped on Saturday, Sean [Spicer] recovered it and ran for a 1st down on Monday.” ABC’s “Nightline,” however, edited it down to just the first part—which completely mischaracterized Fleisher’s statement.
ABC later apologized, and also issued a mea culpa for another incident involving Trump. It seems with this presidency, Democrats aren’t the only group facing a new reality.
Congress Will Review Obama’s Social Security Gun Grab
In a victory for the NRA and America’s law-abiding gun owners, Congress has agreed to review, and likely revoke, a rule by the Barack Obama administration that would blindly strip law-abiding Americans of their Second Amendment rights.
Last year, the Social Security Administration finalized a proposed rule to ban certain recipients who use a representative payee from owning firearms. This ill-conceived action affected the most vulnerable in America and stripped them of their right to keep and bear arms without due process.
“Congress's decision to review the Obama administration's backdoor gun grab is a significant step forward in protecting a fundamental constitutional right for law-abiding gun owners,” said NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox. “The NRA has been fighting this unconstitutional government overreach since it was first discussed and we look forward to swift congressional action.”
We’ll keep you posted on this issue as congressional review progresses.
Newest Fake News: NRA Is Responsible For Chicago Murders
For all their frothing over so-called “fake news,” anti-gun Democrats and their media enablers have been churning it out like raw sewage. Appearing on MSNBC Wednesday and CNN Thursday, Democrat Illinois Congressman Luis Gutierrez claimed, nonsensically, that the reason for Chicago’s staggering violent crime is because “the NRA funded lawsuits against our gun control” and “crippled the laws of Chicago ... so that we cannot keep guns off our streets.”
Meanwhile, U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., tweeted that Chicago crime is due to “lax gun laws” at the national level.