Explore The NRA Universe Of Websites

APPEARS IN First Things First
Saturday, January 21, 2017

NYT Publishes Fake News About CCW Permit Holders For 4th Time In 2 Years

Same wrong song, fourth false verse. Once again, The New York Times has chosen to repeat false numbers that help further their anti-gun agenda. 

Last week, and for the fourth time in less than two years, the paper cited bogus numbers originating from the anti-gun Violence Policy Center (VPC) indicating that from May 2007 to January 2017, there were 921 non-self-defense gun deaths by concealed-carry permit holders. Unfortunately, that number represents triple—even quadruple—counting of legitimate self-defense gun uses as bad events.

Here’s one example: The “study” doesn’t account for the fact that when a law-abiding citizen uses a gun for protection, there is almost always an arrest and investigation. To the VPC, a “pending” case is as good as a real number, despite the fact that most cases are ultimately dismissed.

Shoddy statistics like these go unquestioned and unchallenged at NYT. Which is why NYT articles should also go unread and labeled as what they really are: fake news.


Alabama Home Invader Shot In Self-Defense

Police say a man who broke into a Decatur, Ala., home armed with a box cutter was shot and killed in self-defense Thursday morning, AL.com reports. Investigators said Bruce Rashad Moody, 36—whose ex-wife and children were in the home with another person —smashed a master bedroom window, then went to the front door, kicked in the door and entered the home. 

“It is believed that Bruce Moody was armed with a box cutter,” Detective Matt Young said in a news release. “When Bruce Moody reached the master bedroom, Atlantis Jarmon opened fire with a pistol, striking Bruce Moody, who died.” No one else was hurt. 

“This case is believed to be self-defense,” Young said. Nonetheless, he noted, “This case will be sent to the Morgan County Grand Jury for review.”


Denied Taxpayer Funding, Anti-Gun “Researchers” Turn To Private Backers

Less than a week after the election of President Donald Trump, more than 80 researchers from 42 schools of public health held a secretive, by-invitation-only meeting to plot their strategy to propagate “gun violence research”—read: anti-gun propaganda —at the Boston University School of Public Health, Mother Jones reports.

The product of that closed-door cabal—a call to action published Thursday in the American Journal of Public Health—maps a strategy for anti-gun “researchers” to resume their anti-gun activism not through grants funded by taxpayers, but through donations from the private sector.

“Federal funding is not going to happen with the National Rifle Association around,” said John Rosenthal, founder of Stop Handgun Violence and a leader of the gun-ban movement. But, he said, “this call to action could lead to significant private funding.” No doubt, Michael Bloomberg, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg and the rest of their fellow billionaire anti-gun hypocrites are already breaking out their checkbooks.


New Hampshire Permitless Carry Bill Passes Senate

The New Hampshire State Senate voted along party lines Thursday to send Senate Bill 12—the constitutional, or permitless, carry bill—to the House for approval. This same bill has been passed twice over the past years by both the House and Senate (in the form of Senate Bill 116 and House Bill 585) before being vetoed by former Gov. Maggie Hassan. 

Current New Hampshire law recognizes the right of law-abiding citizens to carry firearms openly anywhere in the state not prohibited by law. However, if a firearm becomes concealed for any reason—covered by a coat, put in a purse, etc.—the gun owner would then need a concealed-carry license to remain legal. SB 12, sponsored by Sen. Jeb Bradley (R) would extend permitless open carry to permitless concealed carry to negate this.  

Use Your Power!

Help get constitutional carry passed in the Granite State! New Hampshire residents, contact your state representative and urge them to support SB 12 by clicking here.

Obama Administration Bans Lead Ammunition, Fishing Sinkers On Federal Lands

On Barack Obama’s last full day in office, his Fish and Wildlife Service issued an 11th-hour regulation that—without public input, open debate, congressional approval or anything else—unilaterally bans traditional lead ammunition and even lead fishing weights on federal lands. 

Worse yet, it not only applies to traditional lead-containing bullets used to hunt deer and varmints, but also establishes a timeline for ending the use of lead shot for small game and upland bird hunting.

When the Obama administration tried to pull this stunt eight years ago, they were roundly rebuked by both Republicans and Democrats in Congress. “The timing alone is suspect,” said Lawrence Keane of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. “This directive was published without dialogue with industry, sportsmen and conservationists. The next director should immediately rescind this, and instead create policy based upon scientific evidence of population impacts with regard to the use of traditional ammunition.”


More Like This From Around The NRA